Open 7 days a week, 8am-10pm
Phone counselling is the fastest way to get support and start talking.
If you live in QLD or the NT, you can call us on 1300 30 1300 for any parenting or family related issues, for the cost of a local call (higher charges may apply with some phone plans).
How does phone counselling work?
Phone 1300 30 1300
You’ll hear a recorded message from us, outlining how Parentline works
Speak with a Counsellor
As soon as the message is over, you’ll be connected with the next available counsellor who’ll start the session or you can leave a voicemail and a counsellor will call you back
Facts about phone counselling…
- The phones are open 7 days a week, from 8am-10pm
- It’s private and confidential. See our Privacy page for more information
- Your counsellor will ask you what you want to talk about and ask you some questions to help understand what’s going on for you
- You can choose the gender of the counsellor you speak to
- When our phone lines get busy, sometimes we will need to put you on hold until a counsellor is available or a counsellor can call you back
- The counsellor you speak to may tell you their name, so if you call again, you can ask to speak to the same person
Can’t call us?
No worries, we can still support and help you!
Connect with us instead on WebChat or send us an email.